- breath in for 4 seconds
- hold your breath for 7 seconds
- exhale breath for 8 seconds
repeat once or twice more.
This causes an autonomic nervous system shift from a sympathetic (fight or flight reaction) state to a parasympathetic response.
Use this for panic/anxiety attacks, exams, presentations.
and then they didnt put her on the final list
your pasty ass was included on the list instead of someone who’s actually making a difference and all u got to say is “disappointing”
This is the kind of bs I’m talking about, wtf you made a tl;dr post defending yourself against an anon that called you trash but you’ve got one word for TIME leaving Laverne Cox off their fuckin list. Like if you were as good as everyone (TIME magazine and yourself included) said you were then shouldn’t you be using your white man privilege to write something about this???? But no instead all we get is this one literally useless ass comment that does nothing at all. Like really couldn’t even be bothered to say more than one word for a Trans WOC. Amazing.
Stop the hate, just fucking stop it right now. You know, John could have said something completely horrid instead of “Disappointing”. He could have said something like “thank god!” Or “times made the right choice” but no. He didn’t. He just said one word. Disappointing. He is disappointed at Time. And you know what, so what he said disappointing. What else is there to say. Maybe he wanted her up there with him in the 100’s and he’s disappointed by the fact that she isn’t on there. So all he said was disappointing, what else should he do? What else should he say?
The awkward “I don’t want to annoy you but I really like talking to you” stage.
This isn’t a stage, it’s a lifestyle.
Things that will keep you alive in event of a plane crash (hopefully) though:
- When a plane is descending, either in an emergency landing or else in a normal descent, put your carry-on luggage between your legs and the seat in front of you. In a rough landing inertia can send your legs flying forward and break your bones against the metal frame of the seat in front of you, leaving you incapable of escaping on your own.
- NEVER inflate your inflatable life vests until you’re out of the aircraft, even if you can’t swim. The Hudson River plane crash of 2009 has to date been the only plane that’s landed even remotely safely on water; most planes break up on collision with water. An inflated flotation device will keep you buoyant but will also slow you down, leaving you immobile and trapped in the wreckage as it sinks.
- Never put anything alcohol or alcohol-based (such as rubbing alcohol) in the overhead bins or shelves. These can help spread a blaze if a rough landing sparks a fire, even promote a fireball effect in extreme cases,
- When you board, study where your seat is in relation to the exits. Count how many rows are between you and your two nearest exits, so that if the cabin is filled with smoke you can make your way out even if you can’t see.
- Get out as quickly as possible. Jet fuel is very flammable, and even if there isn’t already a fire on board a rough landing can easily set it alight. Planes on fire will usually blow up between ninety seconds and five minutes after landing, so move it!
- Oh yeah, don’t forget to assume brace position, with your head between your knees and hands over your head.
the seat belt won’t save you in a crash but it’ll save you from a concussion during hella turbulence
This is definitely what I want to read before I go on a plane
Benedict cumberbatch is on a list of influential people and he hasn’t done a god damn thing to influence any fucking human except give fandom bloggers feels